Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Perfume, Cocktails, Laundry and Lunch

As promised, here is my next post. Not at all such a long time after my previous one, so I'm pleased.
So yes, I played 'tourist' on Monday. I went to Grasse, where we had a lovely lunch in a very special restaurant. It was so delicious, it almost made me forget the (usually) bad food I get in L'hôtel. After a lovely, long lunch we set off to the MIP, Musée International de la Parfumerie. It was a modern museum where we learned more about how perfume is made. Following the MIP, we visited a Parfumerie, where they actually still make soap and perfume. Grasse, the city, is not special so apart from the perfume houses there is nothing much to see. I am glad I went there though.
To close of a nice day we went to Au Bureau in Cannes, it's a cosy pub where Happy Hour is between 5pm and 7pm. The four of us all had a yummy cocktail and bitings. Definitely going back there, and not just because the waiter asked us : "so you will come back... for me?" Um, suuuure, whatever you say!
My second day off was... rainy, really rainy. I got up and did some room-cleaning. This consisted of doing laundry, hoovering, changing the sheets on my bed. As well as separating the beds as I'm getting a roommate next week. This has me feeling curious and also hoping I will get along with her, because we are going to have to live together for 2,5 months... Gosh, I'm getting to old for this boarding school stuff. Been there, done that! But anyway, not judging nor complaining - we'll just have to wait and see.
Following the cleaning session, I went to Cannes (despite the rain). I had a lovely lunch with my friend and because the rain got worse, I went back to my room for a quiet evening filled with noisy skype-sessions. I can't complain about my 'repos'.
And now, just an hour before I go back to work. My shift this week is 12 till 20h45, lovely... NOT.

Till next time,

Bisous,

Anabel
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment