Thursday, February 24, 2011

Missing Belgium, Meeting Belgians and Le Beach

I was hoping on having some super exciting news to be telling you, but it's been pretty quiet here. I'm in a bit of a mellow mood - just missing people and certain moments...
I keep having the evening shifts, which aren't my favourite but we have large groups of elderly tourists at the hotel and because they tend to ask for a lot of information, form complaints or just come for a chat it's useful being two at the reception.
So, Belgium still doesn't have a government - great record guys... But even so, I do miss it or at least home.
Last week I checked in a Belgian man. Doing the whole procedure in Dutch was nice for a change.
Me : "Donc, vous n'êtes pas français..."
Guest : "Non, je suis belge."
Me: "Ah mais moi aussi!"
Guest : "C'est vrai?"
Me : "Nederlands?"
Guest : "Ja, oef, ik doe hier zoveel moeite om frans te spreken."

I did have a few other meetings with fellow Belgians actually. On Sunday I had a "blind date" with two girls who study to be nurses and are also doing their internship in Cannes, in the hospital . I didn't really know what to expect but, with a glass of wine, we had a nice chat. I had to go back to work that day and the weather wasn't looking all that great so it was a short meeting, but definitely not the last.
On my day off, on Monday the weather was amazing and (I have to write this in capital letters or the effect will just not be the same) I WENT TO THE BEACH, IN MY BIKINI - may I remind you the date was February 21st!
On Tuesday the weather (it really is having it's moments) wasn't so great but I spent the afternoon with Une Amie from class; lunch, shopping, chatting and a Gossip Girl episode. All this followed by a Skype session with Le Boyfriend accompanied by a glass of wine! Good times.
And now work again, but at least it keeps me busy. Imagine, I've been here for about a month now, time does go fast...

Bisous,

Anabel
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment